Our athletics program is a source of school and community pride, and we welcome all to come on out and share in the excitement we feel at every competitive event. Your support matters, whether as a teammate, as a member of the booster club, or cheering for our athletes from the stands.
Nathan Hale-Ray High School is a member of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and a member of the Shoreline Conference. We compete within the league on both varsity and junior varsity levels.
If you have questions regarding our eligibility policies, please contact our athletics director, Michael Bosworth.
Athletes of the Week
February 11–17; Colby Bryant, Basketball
February 4-10; Carlos Morales, Cheerleading
January 21-27; Matthew Kraszewski, Indoor Track
January 28-February 3; Makenzie Purdell, Basketball
We provide students with a well-planned, balanced program to help participants develop healthy habits and a feeling of belonging while providing leadership and teamwork opportunities. We hope all student-athletes will:
- achieve success by maintaining academic eligibility and keeping athletics in its proper perspective;
- develop good citizenship, honesty, emotional control, dependability, and respect for rules, property, and authority;
- experience and observe good sportsmanship;
- maintain positive performance and conduct on and off the field;
- learn fundamental skills of the various sports as an ingredient of success;
- understand the importance of physical fitness, conditioning, health habits, and safety;
- develop lasting friendships and camaraderie with teammates and opponents; and
- learn to work together to achieve a common goal.
To participate in NHRHS athletics, student-athletes must be full-time students who have earned a minimum cumulative grade of C- in all their scheduled classes. Students must also comply with all attendance policies and have no outstanding disciplinary referrals.
We require all athletes to have a current sports physical on file prior to participating in games or practices. Physicals are good for 13 months.
Team and Individual Sport Options
Boys Soccer, Coach Alex Ricard
Co-Op Football, with Coginchaug High School, Coach Anthony DeFilio
Cross Country, Coach David Kraszewski
Volleyball, Coach Karen Sweet
Unified Sports, Coach Sarah Kraszewski
Each season, we also offer a unisex Unified Sports program based on need.
High School Track and Facilities
The high school track and facilities are not accessible to the public during the following times:
- During school hours or events
- During winter storms and until snow/ice has melted
We appreciate your cooperation.
Please see below for the full list of track/facility use policies.
To request use of the high school athletics complex, please complete the facilities use form below.